- 4 cups wheat flour (makes 2 koki)
- 1 onion large finely chopped
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. ghee or oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Annardana
- salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Chop onions very fine.
- Sieve flour, add salt.
- Add all ingredients to the flour except ghee for frying.
- Mix well add very little water, knead into a stiff dough.
- Take half portion, Roll into a thick small round
- Slightly roast it on both sides on hot tawa and then roll it again with rolling pin till it reaches thickness of paratha
- Place it on tawa again, cook on each side, adding little oil or ghee from the sides, on medium flame, till very small brown patches appears on surface
- Repeat for remaining dough.
- Serve hot with Curd or tea
- It has a shelf life of about 24 hrs, so is ideal for picnics or while travelling long distances